Hello,

I have installed the KUbuntu 4.0 distribution for NFS flashing on a
> VirtualBox VM hosted on windows.
> NFS is set up and I can mount the file system from other Linux boxes.
> Folder structure on KUbuntu:
> /nfs/7.1.5/*
> /nfs/8.2.16/*

I have loaded the appropriate images and other files into the NFS subfolder.

The appropriate image files for 8.x.x:
kimage
list
MD5SUM
nfs_flashitall
nfs_update
part0.img
part1.img
part2.img
part3.img
partitions.conf

For 7.x.x the image is "fimage" (I forwarded the conversation with Harry to
you).

I have an Elphel connected via hard wire.  I have an old, non-KUbuntu
flash system
> running that works with 7.1.5 on a different VM on the same host under
> Ubuntu 14.04.

The KUbuntu panel with the tools to search for Elphel’s, do Net Boot, etc.
> are present and work.
> I can find Elphel’s and they appear in the panel.
> I can access them via the web browser.
> What I expect to happen is that if I open a “Found” Elphel’s web browser I
> should be able to select the firmware page, enter the /nfs/7.1.5/kernel
> path and have the Elphel reflash.

If I connect an older Elphel (one that should work with 7.1.5) with
> non-MICRON flash once I click the reflash the web frame with the pinkish
> reflash box reports the connection was reset and nothing happens.
> If I connect a newer Elphel (presumably working with 8.X) with MICRON
> flash and do the same thing (but selecting the 8.2.16 image) I get a 404
> error in the pinkish box.

If I try the netboot route (resetting the Elphel appropriately) dropping
> the appropriate software for the board type onto netboot one of two things
> happens:
> A) the progress dialog appears at 1% and never moves.
> B) the progress dialog appears and processes to 100% within a few seconds
> with corresponding network activity.
> In both case the Elphel’s are not reflashed and whatever was there
> previously (working or not) remains there.
> I think this should at least work with the later Elphel boards and 8.2.16.

Our folder structure is a bit different, e.g.:
/nfs/latest80 -> /nfs/images/8.2.16
/nfs/images/8.2.16

Yours should not cause any problems but I'll try to reproduce. Something
might have been hard coded.

What happens after netboot is finished? Can you reach the camera? Is the
image loaded? It won't stay after you just reboot.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124