Hello Manuel,

If you have problems with one camera of 3, most likely something is messed up
in the file system, and the camera
needs re-flashing.

Version 8.0.9.2 is really old, there were significant changes for 8.2.x. On the
other hand, it may be difficult to go back
from 8.2.x to 8.x as there are changes in the bootblock information  that older
software will not understand.

Corruption of the file system may explain black/white issue. Of course if the
camera has color (not monochrome)
sensor. Did it ever produce color images?

Item 3 (slow interface) can also be a related issue.

As for the slow non-compressed images - yes, this is a normal operation, this
mode is just for debugging the camera
internal code. While normal data goes through the DMA channel, reading the
non-compressed data requires CPU
to read/write the FPGA registers.

Camera supports JP4 mode (that bypasses de-mosaic part of the compressor - the
most destructive block). If you
set jpeg quality to 100% there is no quantization and compressor is virtual
lossy ( the RMS difference is less than
a single count). Conversion form 12 to 8 bits may seem lossy, but it is keeps
introduced error under a fraction of the
sensor shot noise. So I would recommend using 98 to 100% compression quality
and JP4 image format, then you'll
get the data much faster. On 353 camera it will be 80 MPix/sec data rate,
limited by the sensor (up to 14.5 fps @5MPix),
and/or the network (or recording) speed.

Andrey

---- On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 02:53:26 -0700 Manuel
Christen<m...@schaeffer-ag.de> wrote ----

Hi everybody,

I have three 353 Cameras with the Firmware 8.0.9.2, 8.2.16 and 8.0.7.4.

I have troubles with the one with the Firmware 8.0.9.2.

*** 1) Just Black/White. If I change with the Camera Control Interface
to Color nothing happens. Its shows just Black/White. At the other
cameras, I see at the color histogram just a white line. At all other
ones all colors (blue, yellow, red, white)

My Question is: is maybe the lighthttpd broken? Is there a config file
at the camera where i can modify the values over the command line?

*** 2) The Camera is very slowly. The Network Switch shows me a 100MB
Connection. But if I dowload a raw image, it feels 10 times slower than
at the other ones ...

*** 3) The Camera Control Interface is very slowly. At the first time I
changed the compression rate of the Image and it ignore is. After a
restart (power off/on) I was aible to change the values ... exept
black/white to color ...

Is the camera broken? Is there a better possibility to check the logs?
(I have just /var/log and dmesg) and everythings looks OK) ...

I need other opinions and better Ideas to find my problem. Any Idea? Any
comments?

regards,
Manuel

PS: The Enviroment: Two cameras are attached with the PoE Switch, exept
the troublemaker. She is connected with the PoE Injector directly to the
Network.