Lester Caine wrote:
Seamonkey works fine apart from a few quirks on hot keys which have been
covered already, but increasingly I'm finding that the reasons for USING
Seamonkey are being eroded. On windows things do not integrate together
nicely, the Calendar and Address Book are still separated from one
another and hot keying between links in messages and notes is lacking.

Not sure what you mean with notes, and we don't include a calendar at all yet, so I don't know what you are talking about.

While KDE gives me a nice 'flat
playing field' when it comes to integration. ( Although KDE4 is about as
user friendly as Vista! :( )

Then use it. And KDE 4.2 is becoming really usable, by the way - I for myself might finally switch from 3.5 once 4.2 is stable.

I think I can understand why the drive to split up Mozilla came about
since many developers do seem to be working on Linux rather than
Windows, and the same applies across many projects.

Wrong, most of the Mozilla developers are on Windows and Mac, only few are on Linux.

The Seamonkey development can't address the gaps left by the original
breakup, and the drift to Firefox being totally isolated seems to be
increasing? So are we reaching a point where a radical overhaul of the
roadmap is inevitable?

Which roadmap?

The gap between Firefox and SeaMonkey is becoming a lot smaller with SeaMonkey 2, by the way. Have you tried the recent Alpha?

Still, I can't really answer your questions as what you are talking about looks very unclear to me.

Robert Kaiser