On 12/13/2008 08:34 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

> Of note to everyone here is that Mozilla (SeaMonkey, Firefox etc.)
> report EVERY security bug once fixed and what it was. Some companies
> like IE, Apple, and possibly even Google (for chrome -- no data), if a
> security bug is only ever found and reported internally, they won't make
> it even known that it _ever_ existed. Where we do and fix it anyway. It
> is a very open community, therefore the potential for others to
> accurately gauge what bugs are fixed on our side is high, whereas on
> Microsoft or Apple's side is relatively low.

Agree.

Along these lines, this might be of interest to try with SeaMonkey...

http://www.info-svc.com/news/2008/12-12/
[Google Chrome Receives Lowest Password Security Score]
  http://www.info-svc.com/news/2008/12-12/pm-evaluator/
[Password Manager Evaluator v2.0]

If I get some time later I'll try it with SM 1.1.14 and 2.0a3pre to see
what the results are.