Michael Gordon wrote:
HenriK replied On 12/14/2008 3:10 PM

I am in the process of moving from a W2K-Pro machine running SM v.1.1.5 to an XP-Pro machine running SM v.1.1.13.

I have located and copied the abook.mab and history.mab files and assume I can just pasted them into my new SM v.1.1.13 installation. Please correct me if that assumption is wrong.

The next thing I would like to move is the file that contains all of the stored passwords for www sites I regularly visit. What is that file or files called and can they just be pasted into my new SM v.1.1.13 installation?

If there is any other bit of historical information buried in SM that I should be thinking of moving, please don't hesitate to tell me. I have, however, already successfully moved all of the mail files themselves. There was a thread back in October, more-or-less, on this subject but I ended up getting confused after trying to follow it several times.

Thank you, in advance, for guidance or pointers to where this kind of a move is discussed in hopefully easy-to-understand language.

HenriK,

Peter partially answered your question on password moving.

There are three files you will want to copy and move with SeaMonkey completely closed down.
1. nnnnnnnn.s
2. nnnnnnnn.w
3. key3.db

Before you copy and paste the old files rename the new files with something like nnnnnnnOLD.s in case you need to revert to the original files, later you can delete the OLD files.

Once you have to new files copied and pasted you will need to open the file Prefs.js with an ascii text editor and search near the bottom of that file for an entry string like:
user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "nnnnnnnn.s");
user_pref("wallet.SchemaValueFileName", "nnnnnnnn.w");

Change the "n" values to the same numbers as in your new file names.

The ".s" file is your saved passwords, and the ".w" file is your saved form fill in data.

Michael

Thanks to Peter and Michael and, also, for the reminder on bookmarks HTML file. Everything works is transferred and, to my pleasant surprise, everything works well. I just hope Seamonkey v.2.xx doesn't change too radically.