Ed Mullen wrote:
Interesting. The only place I could right-click on the Personal Toolbar
to get that particular pop-up menu was the collapse widget at the left
of the toolbar. Anyplace else (other than on an actual bookmark) gives a
different pop-up menu (New Folder, Sort Folder, Sort Folder by Name etc.).

If you have neither the Home nor the Bookmarks button enabled to be shown in that bar, then only the "grippy" is where you don't get the bookmarks but the toolbar context menu, yes.

I tried checking the "Text" option. Nothing happened. I closed and
re-started SM. The check was still there - and so were the icons. So, I
guess this IS a bug, yes? If so I'll file it.

Yes, this is exactly the bug I mean :)

Robert Kaiser