On Dec 16, 7:00 pm, Daniel <d...@albury.nospam.net.au> wrote:
> Jay Garcia wrote:
> > On 16.12.2008 09:49, steveinseattle wrote:

Thanks.  That's exactly what I'm trying to do.  I'm looking for
something like this:

   "<path>/seamonkey.exe" -edit "<path+filename>"

I was aware of the suggested syntax by Jay of using the -edit command
line flag.  Fundamentally, the problem with that approach is that if
you have SeaMonkey open (even the browser and not Composer), you get
the error:
 "A copy of SeaMonkey is already open.  Only one copy of SeaMonkey can
be open at a time."

The solution needs to work such that multiple windows of Composer may
be open with other documents and I can still launch a document in a
new window of Composer.

I've also tried to use the -remote functionality documented here:
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html.  This does not work for
SeaMonkey Composer.  Surprisingly, it does not even work for the
SeaMonkey browser (I get the error about "copy of SeaMonkey is already
open").  Sigh...

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
-- Steve