Jens Hatlak wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:23:54 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Jens Hatlak wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
A "bookmark" is a URL to a (typically) Web page. Stored in the bookmarks.html file or the SQLite equivalent in SM2.
Until further notice it's still bookmarks.html in SM2.
are you sure that its not places.sqlite? You may still have bookmarks.html because you've set up SM2 to write to the html file when closing SM. So, is SM2 actually using places.sqlite or the html file?

We are still using bookmarks.html. the places.sqlite file is currently
only used to store global history.

oh, that sounds like great news! Thank you! Does this mean we can still have multiple bookmark files? From the bookmark manager, File, Open Bookmarks File?

Until further notice [1] there is no change at all regarding bookmarks management.

[1] I already used that phrase in the beginning. What I wanted to express is that AFAIK there are currently no concrete plans to change the way bookmarks are stored (no one is actively working on it) but that might change before the release of SM2. I remember KaiRo once stated that at least the UI (Bookmarks Manager etc.) will stay but nothing has been decided yet for the rest.

HTH

Jens

thanks for that great info. I ask because I remember a round with KaiRo that the bookmarks would change over to the same as FF3.

So, this sounds like excellent news. I guess I'll be happy with the new changes in SM2 since they don't affect the bookmark files. That was my biggest concern. All the others are minor. Well, atleast second. Well, change that, I guess since there's no change to the bookmarks, then they move up to the number one position.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm