Thursday, October 16, 2008 09:13

Hello.

Please accept my apology for having sent a previous copy
of this e-mail without a subject. I'm still new at this
but I shall endeavour to be more careful about this next
time.

I have a problem with SeaMonkey Mail. My problem seems to
be virtually identical to one reported by Terry Towne on
November 16, 2006. (It was not apparent to me that he had
received a resolution to his problem. I hope one will be
forthcoming.)

I have a 20GB hard drive on my computer. Due to an old BIOS, when my computer
initially boots, the computer only sees 8GB of the drive. However, once Windows
98SE boots, it can see the whole drive, but... it has created 2 partitions:

- partition #1 is labelled as C: with 1.99GB
- partition #2 is labelled as H: with 17.0GB

(The drive was actually formatted on a newer computer, which has a problem at
the moment. The drive was in a mobile rack, so I removed it and placed it into
my older backup computer. This computer has an 808MB drive in it, labelled D:,
a 4MB RAM drive, labelled E:, a 150MB Bernoulli drive, labelled F: and an
external CD-ROM drive, labelled G:.)

As the partition labelled H: had so much space, I decided
to put my mail on that drive. I created a set of folders
called H:\SeaMonkey\Mail\Local Folders to put my e-mail
into. (BTW, SeaMonkey is on H: rather than on C:.) During an upgrade of
SeaMonkey, I _thought_ I could just recreate the mail folders' setup that I had
before after I did a clean install, however, not really knowing what I was
doing, I now have the latest version of SeaMonkey (still on H:) with its own
Mail directory structure but am unable to get it to recognize mail stored in
my... H:\SeaMonkey\Mail\Local Folders. In that folder, there are a number of
files in the following format:

filename
filename.msf

There is also a filterlog.html file and a... msgFilterRules.dat file. I have
been able to open one of the "filename" type files by using Open File in
SeaMonkey, but it has a lot of html stuff and is somewhat difficult to read,
and as the file has MANY e-mail messages, it is slow and cumbersome.

Is there a way that I can get SeaMonkey Mail to import these older messages
into its current directory structure? (I tried the import tool which handled my
Outlook Express Mail very well, but although there is something for
Communicator, there is nothing to help with my situation... which is to be
expected as I KNOW I don't know what I'm doing, and know this wouldn't make
sense!)

Any help you could provide me would be greatly appreciated!
TIA.

Paulcesquire