I have tried already all the suggestions listed.  I'm a computer programmer
and  have been using computers since 1979, so I have experience.

There are no programs in QuickLaunch relating to any browser, except having
SeaMonkey launch my localhost.  But I removed that and still can't get to
profile.  I'll upgrade to Seamonkey2 when it has all the add-on I've been
using for years.