Ed Mullen wrote:
Using SM 2.0a2

I was surprised to see no Forms Manager in this Alpha. Yes, I read a few threads about the new password/forms management in SM 2. I gather that is all still being sorted out.

Unless someone steps up and implements something different I think SM 2 will have exactly what's currently in place in the development versions. Which is FF's form management backend (storing values per form field). The following answers refer to that current state. Unless another decision is made that means that "real" form fill would have to be implemented by an extension.

1.  Will there be a UI for selecting form fields to fill out?

No.

2.  Will there be a UI to edit/manage/delete the forms database?

No, only the ability to delete individual stored values (highlighting a value in a form field's dropdown and pressing Delete) or all stored data (using Tools > Clear Private Data, Saved Form and Search History).

SM 2 is asking me if I want to save forms data on a particular page.

Is it? I'm using nightlies so I'm not 100% sure it's the same in SM 2.0a2 but for me the following minimal test case asks whether to store form data only in SM 1.x:

<form action="">
Name: <input type="text" name="a" value="x">
Address: <input type="text" name="b" value="y">
<input type="submit">
</form>

HTH

Jens