On 1/1/2009 5:05 PM PT, oersted typed:

It's Microsoft's answer to Flash.  The online Olympics last summer (in the
US) was done using it.  It worked, more or less, for me in SM. However it
worked better in IE6;  it was still in beta then, and actually the video
looked really good.  There were some navigation problems which also could
have been NBC's fault.  It hurts to say that I was impressed, being a MS
basher myself.  Have had no problems with the installation. XP SP3 (maybe
SP2 at the time).  SM 1.1.14

Ditto for me. After Olympics ended, I uninstalled Silverlight and never had to use it again. :D
--
"When you can't fight on and drop to die; you're just a big tasty feast for the crows, ants, buzzards and flies." --unknown
   /\___/\