:Google-translated:
::::| Security Error: Domain names do not ... |
::::You tried to connect with "imap.xxxx.de" build.
::::However gehrt the "vorgezeigte" security certificate
::::"mail44.ispgateway.de". It is possible, but unlikely that
::::someone tries to your communication with this site be obtained.

JeffM wrote:
>There was a great deal of chatter last Summer at Slashdot
>about the hysterical way (NOT meaning "funny")
>that Gecko (Firefox 3) handles Secure Sockets Layer certificates[...]
Noting the Subject line of the thread,
it's also interesting to note how Windoze *trains* its users
to want to IGNORE security warnings
(so they can more easily get their already-fragile systems infected).

M$'s most recent ploy of belatedly implementing "UAC"
(User Access Control) aka:
http://www.google.com/search?q=UAC+Microsoft+shifts-the-blame+OR+shift-the-blame+OR+shifting-the-blame+OR+shifted-the-blame+-Arab&num=100

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=370443&cid=21478123&mode=nested&threshold=3#21478809

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/30/0134225&mode=nested&threshold=5#21166811

...instead of actually MAKING THE CORE SYSTEM MORE SECURE
is also pathetic and exacerbates the problem.

...and as noted in the previous links to last Summer's Slashdot stuff,
it doesn't help that the Gecko developers
have adopted an OMG! approach
to warning about (valid) self-issued SSL certs
(much like M$ has done with unsigned device drivers in Vista).