On 01/05/2009 09:40 PM, »Q« wrote:
> In <news:vpydnabgqkp1ap_unz2dnuvz_hwdn...@mozilla.org>,
> NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 01/05/2009 03:43 PM, Asrail wrote:
>> > NoOp, 05-01-2009 19:47:

>> > You can.
>> > Click "I understand the risks", then click "Add exception".
>>
>> I could if I were provided those options... They _are_ available in SM
>> 1.1.14 & 1.1.15pre, but not in 2.0a3pre or in Fx 3.0.5 - unless of
>> course I've missed some default setting in the latter two.
>
> In a default Fx 3.0.5 setup, there's an "Or you can add an exception..." link
> at the bottom of the error message.  Clicking it, then the "Add
> Exception" button that appears gets a dialog window for viewing the
> certificate and adding the exception either permanently or temporarily.

Interesting... in linux 3.0.5 I only get:
====
www.us.army.mil uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
====

When going to: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/login/welcome.html

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008121621
Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy)

I wonder if it's a Ubuntu distro version thing... I'll load up a
standard Fx and see if it is any different.

BTW: I did find where to get the certs for those .mil sites;
unfortunately in order to get them I had to use Opera or SM 1.1.14/15pre
as I couldn't get to them via SM 2.0a3pre or Fx: https://crl.gds.disa.mil/