Mark Hansen wrote:
On 01/09/09 16:08, NoOp wrote:
On 01/09/2009 09:17 AM, erwincas wrote:
On Jan 8, 5:05 pm, NoOp<gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid>  wrote:
On 01/08/2009 02:25 PM, erwincas wrote:

I can't install  SM 1.1.14 on Fedora 9, when I try to install Sm with
the tar.gz file downloaded
from the official site I receive the following error
error while loading shared libraries: libxpcom_core.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory .
I downloaded the seamonkey-1.1.14-1.fc10.i386.rpm fromhttp://rpm.pbone.net
in this
case the installation gives no errors, but when I try to load the bin
file, the error appears
again.
What can I do ??
In addition the SM 2.0 do the same
I remember that error from the dev group on 1.1.12:

<http://fixunix.com/mozilla/538587-seamonkey-1-1-12-tarball-distributi...>

It seems there was an issue with the tarball the full installer worked.
You might want to give the Full Installer a try:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#1.1.14
<http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.14/>
I already downloaded the full installer version for both versions
(1.1.14 and 2.0)
with no success, the problem still there.
Sorry... I don't use Fedora - I use Ubuntu. I've added a 'Fedora 9' tag
to the subject so hopefully someone with Fedora will pick up on the
thread and assist.

In fact, I use CentOS 5.2 (essentially RedHat Enterprise 5.2) and don't
have any problems, so it may be Fedora specific.

To the OP: Did you try a google search? I searched for +seamonkey +libxpcom_core
and saw several hits where it looked like people were hitting similar
issues. It may be worth a shot to see if there are any solutions in there.

Best Regards,

I normally use MandrivaLinux and I can, sort of, remember some similar problem when I first installed SM. If I remember right, I did a search of my system for "libxpcom_core" and, finding one in my old Mozilla profile, so copied that file to a similar location in my SM profile.

(NOTE: I put my profiles in non-standard locations, which is why it was not found originally. If you do a stock standard installation, I would have thought libxpcom_core would be in a standard location as well.)

--
Daniel
(using his sister's computer)