Alwil Avast 4.8
Seamonkey 1.1.14
XP-Pro SP3.

I had to uninstall Avast AV 4.8 and reinstall it.
As a result of this activity, three changes happened to Seamonkey. 1) ALL my stored passwords disappeared; 2) ALL my stored and perpetual cookies disappeared; 3) My SSL settings were reset to give all warnings.

Riddle me that? What does Avast have to do with Seamonkey (and why/how could it make those changes)?

I was able to restore passwords/cookies by pulling up last night's backup for the xxxxxx.s file, rename the current file, rename the restored file with the current .s file name. All was returned to normal.