Ray K wrote:
As I write this, Task Manager is reporting that SM is hogging 89 percent of the CPU time even though no downloads are in progress and the Stop button is gray. Only a single instance of SM browser is open; Mail & Newsgroups is closed and no other applications are running.

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it? I've run Spybot and Crap Cleaner.

SM 1.1.14, W2k Professional, SP4 and dozens of hot fixes.

Thanks,

Ray

Another problem that may be related. Sometimes, TM shows 100% CPU usage while I'm attempting to download a page. TM also shows SM as Not Responding. If I wait 15-45 seconds, SM usually resumes running and the download completes.

During the period that SM is not responding, clicking on Stop does nothing. If multiple instances of SM are open, and I close one of them, all will close, along with the Mail/Newsgroup application.

Ray