JR WG wrote:
Is the above the ravings of a madman or one who is not in the know?

Not a madman, but someone who doesn't have a good view into how we actually are spending our time on, where we spend what amount of time, and how much work the replacement of the whole platform SeaMonkey is built upon really requires. I fully understand that things might look the way you are talking from the outside. That said, the final SeaMonkey 2.0 is planned for the second quarter of 2009, and we are working as much on it as we can. Remember that the whole SeaMonkey development team consists of volunteers though, who work on this project exclusively in their free time.

Robert Kaiser