Geoff Welsh wrote:
SM 1.1.14 on Mac OSX 10.4.11

when loading pages in the browser, loading will "hang" for up to two minutes on remote sites ( e.g.) that I have blocked by my personal firewall. this didn't occur until this build or maybe the last, and doesn't occur in SM 2.0a. They just ignore remote sites they can't contact and load the page.

anyone else observe/experience this?

I don't have mac, I block with my hosts file, and I notice the same thing. However, on some sites, its a problem, but on others its not. I also have the same problem with google analytics, and a few others. This has been a problem with me with all versions of SM, except I haven't tested it in SM2, yet.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.