On 02/17/09 08:47, u...@domain.invalid wrote:
> u...@domain.invalid wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My imap server is at mail.servername.com, while my username is
>> myn...@servername.com.
>>
>> If I try to set my username as myn...@servername.com in thunderbird
>> while setting up an imap account, it automatically appends the imap
>> server to it, which makes the username become
>> myn...@servername.com@mail.servername.com.
>>
>> If I just enter my username, thunderbird turns the username into
>> myn...@mail.servername.com, which isn't the user name my server accepts.

I use SeaMonkey 1.1.13 on Linux and Windows (actually, I've been using
it since 1.0.4, I think) and have an IMAP server. My IMAP server name
is mail.mehconsulting.com and I'm able to provide my user name without
any intervention from SeaMonkey at all.

Perhaps there's a setting somewhere which causes SeaMonkey to append
the server name onto the user name, but I'm not aware of it.

Sorry I don't have a solution, but just wanted to let you know how
it's working for me.