Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
I have been seeing emails inviting people to take part in the testing
on a new version of Thunderbird.

The Thunderbird team has been sending those messages to us as well as we are working closely together with them in many areas, sharing all the backend code.

Does anybody have a features comparison of the new Thunderbird and
the mail client and newsreader in the new SM2.x?

The code behind the scenes is exactly the same for both, the differences are in the user interface. We don't have any comparison of those up anywhere yet, because both are still in development and changing as we speak.

Robert Kaiser