Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
System is WIN 98se

After installing SM 1.1.14 which includes GRE,
I find that, although the setup.ini for GRE speaks of
uninstalling former versions of GRE, I still have a
1.4f_2003062408 subdirectory under
C:\Program Files\Common Files\\GRE
that was where the old Mozilla Suite put their gre directory. Do you still have that?

I do not have the old Mozilla Suite. I never installed that.

Under C:\Program Files\Common Files\\GRE I have
\1.4f_2003062408\Setup GRE\greuninstall\GREUninstall.exe
(i.e. a chain of subdirectories, only the last of which contains
a GREUninstall.exe program 94KB from 6/24/03)
\ which has 24 files mostly .dll s and 5
subdirectories: components, greprefs, res, Setup GRE, & uninstall.
Each of the subdirectories contains files and the _res_
subdirectory goes deeper.
So I believe that the answer to your question is YES, I still
have a GRE subdirectory structure there for GRE ...

In addition under C:\Program Files\\SeaMonkey
I have subdirectories: greprefs , setup GRE, and uninstall.
The uninstall subdirectory has a file GREuninstall.exe for
and a file instal_wizard1.log that deals with the installations of
XPCOM some pieces of 1.1.14 and GRE
However there seems to be some confusion in the GRE versions numbering
scheme. It mostly uses ... but at the beginning of the GRE
install section it states    GRE (version in the
header. I don't know what that's all about.

For a while, Mozilla separated out the GRE and installed it in the Program Files/Common Files location.

A left over GRE could either be a verison of Mozilla suite, or the Netscape 7.1/7.2 suite.

I would suspect that at one time you had Netscape 7.1 installed on the system That would account for a 1.4 GRE leftover.

If you are sure that Netscape 7.1 has been unistalled form the system, you can safely delete the Common Files/ folder.