Charles Milton Ling wrote:

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I want to, because I am using MailWasher, which should get my e-mail first.

Again, I apologize for my incompetence.

Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, select the account, and under Server Settings, in the middle, uncheck the one for Start Up, and "automatically download new messages." Now, you will have to manually click the Get Msgs button to download your messages.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.