Margo Guda wrote:
Hello, I'm running the 2.0 pre and tried today to install the latest update, which SM tells me is ready to install. However when I restart my system I keep getting the message that the update failed because another instance of SM is running (not true, I checked) and then proceeds to start the version I was already running, 2.0b1 pre.
Does anybody know what the problem is here?

Thanks in advance.
Margo Guda.

make sure that SM isn't running in the processes section of the task manager.