Hi,

On some site I've a link to a videostream that pops up the "Opening
(filename)" box, where I can choose between the default application, a
custom one or saving to disk.

Entering /usr/bin/vlc works as expected: VLC starts and plays the stream.
Now, I would like to pass some command-line arguments to VLC.

Adding anything to the path (like some mailcap syntax "/usr/bin/vlc %s
...") brings me the error message "The app. could not be found". So I
tried to make some wrapper script, e.g. I enter /home/jdoe/bin/foo in
the box, and this script reads:
/usr/bin/vlc "$@"
but to no avail. To find how SM passes arguments, I also tried this
script:
echo "$@" > /home/jdoe/foobar
but foobar is not created.

As a sidenote, I also launched SM from a terminaal in the hope of getting
some error message, but again got nothing.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
LL