Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Charles Milton Ling wrote:
Greetings!

I have had this problem ever since the upgrade to 1.1.15, and maybe also trying to get ABS to work.

As things are now, I am always informed that there some remnants of former installations, that I must reboot, wait - things like that.

Simply put, whenever I want to use SM after shutting down my PC, I have to uninstall it and reinstall it, which, of course, is annoying.

I have tried many things (system restore in Vista, for example), but nothing really solves the problem.

Grateful for help, as always, is
Charley

you haven't really said why you have to shut down. What error messages do you get?

Thanks for your fast reply! Strangely enough, the problem seems to have repaired itself.

Best regards,
Charley