me2 wrote:
seamonkey 1.1.15 has a built-in sidebar, appearing when F9 is pressed.
I have CNN extended as one of my sidebar items.
Recently it stopped updating its content.
I am trying to determine if CNN is no longer supports seamonkey's
sidebar, or if something else is wrong.
This is occurring on two different machines so it apparently not a
"local" problem.
My reference to xsidebar grew out of a reference I saw online- I had
heard of it until now, and know about it.

yes, I know what a sidebar is, but what I'm trying to find out is where are you getting this CNN in the sidebar from. Where's it coming from? An addon? What is the name of the top of the sidebar? This this a News Feed? What?