Jim S wrote:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:32:19 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Jim S wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:52:36 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Jim S wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:34:06 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Jim S wrote:
I have abandoned v2a3 until something happens and returned to 1.1.16, but
cannot get a version of IEtab that loads.
Help anyone?
you need version: ie_tab-1.3.3.20070528-fx+mz+sm+fl-win.xpi
Thanks Peter, but I remembered why I could not get along with v1 and its
installing and uninstalling problems. It seems that the Gillik patches no
longer work either.
  I'll watch v2 with interest and stick with FF for now.
Gillik patches  -- ????
http://mozmonkey.com/
Can you view that site? I get a Google Ad right over the descriptions of what is
available, so he could have a free beer extension and I wouldn't see it. :-(

What Google AD?
I used FF SM2 Opera and IE8 just to find out what you are talking about and
none of them show a Google Ad or any other ad for that matter.
Naturally I use the ad-blocking facility on all of them, but then who
wouldn't.

I never block ads unless they really get in the way of reading a page.

In this case, if you have js disabled, the ads never appear. In FF 3 and SM2, they appear at the far right side, out of the way and not distracting, so I leave them alone.

However, in SM1.1.x, they appear at the left, msking it impossible to download or install the extensions. Disabling js gets rid of the ad column, and makes the extensions available.

Lee