On 4/18/2009 9:22 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Giacomo wrote:
>> SM keeps telling I need to install flash player plugin to view flash
>> videos, thus I have already installed it.
>>
>> I havo no problems with flash videos on firefox.
>>
>> Any help?
>
> close SM, then hunt around your hard drive for a file
> called:
>
> NPSWF32.dll
>
> once found, copy it to the plugin directory of the SM
> program directory

As reported many times in the past, this is not necessary.  SeaMonkey
can use various plugins that are not in the SeaMonkey plugins directory.
 In my setup, Flash, Java, and Micro$oft's Media Player all work just
fine while their plugins remain in their non-SeaMonkey directories.

When SeaMonkey reports that Flash is not installed, it's actually the
Web site making that report.  The server is sniffing for Firefox, not
Gecko.  No amount of moving the Flash plugin will correct this invalid
sniffing.  Only changing the UA string (e.g., via PrefBar or User Agent
Switcher) will correct this until the Web site owner fixes the way the
server sniffs or (best) creates a Web site that doesn't need sniffing.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>