Philip Chee wrote:
> Here is another alternative.
> First install xSidebar for SeaMonkey:
> <http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/>
> Then install Scrapbook for SeaMonkey:
> <http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modified.html#scrapbook>
>
> Scrapbook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and
> easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy
> and multi-language support. Major features are:
>
>     * Save Web page
>     * Save snippet of Web page
>     * Save Web site (In-depth Capture)
>     * Organize the collection in the same way as Bookmarks tree
>     * Highlighter, Eraser and various page editing tools
>     * Full text search and quick filtering search
>     * Text edit feature resembling Opera's Notes

That's nice, but the things I want to know right away are:
Does it produce a single file per page?
What is the file format?
Are the files compressed?
Can the files be used with other browsers?

In that regard, the author's pages
http://amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/
http://amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/feature1.php?lang=en
suck.

Here's something I found when investigating
whether Gecko supports Microsoft's *.MHT format
(MHTML or MIME HTML).
http://google.com/search?q=cache:Gk626-Ce-EYJ:maf.mozdev.org+Mozilla.Archive.Format+one-or-more-*-*+not.proprietary+MHT+Internet.Explorer+For.Firefox.3+Save.complete.web.pages.in.a.single.file+Use+*-single-*-page+Policy+extension
That page says Firefox 3 is supported--but no other browser details.

This thing has supported MHT since at least Oct 13, 2004
http://web.archive.org/web/20041013051859/http://maf.mozdev.org/index.html
(when the old core was used),
so it makes me wonder what engines it currently supports.

The **big** thing is that it can also use
NON-proprietary Mozilla Archive Format
(which are zipped files that **can** be used with ANY browser).