> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 09:43:25 -0700
> From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> Gregory Hicks wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > Recently, SeaMonkey (1.1.16 running on an UltraSPARC 1 under Solaris 9)
> > started showing a relatively large blank area at the bottom of the
> > window.  (See attached jpeg image please...  If you want a larger image,
> > please let me know.  I'll forward one.)
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?  Or something like it?  I've been unable to
> > find anything like it.  (Or maybe my Google-foo isn't tuned properly...)
> >
> > [...]
> Anyways, for your problem, it sounds like a faulty
> addon/extension or theme.  So try looking here for
> possible answers:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
OK, found that there are TWO cases where the "grey bar below the status
bar" exists.  Unfortunately, they seem to be related to a windoze
install of Firefox.  And neither of the two extensions were installed.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any way, under SeaMonkey to uninstall
add-ons.  (At least, under the Tools -> ... menu options there doesn't
seem to be any...)

However, the fix was to create a new profile.  That got rid of an extra
toolbar (which always showed up as 'minimized' - you know with the
'selector' sideways and the actual toolbar about as wide as the
sideways selector...)

Dunno which one caused the grey bar, but it is gone.

Gregory Hicks
Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson