Ant schrieb:
On 4/26/2009 4:27 PM PT, JD typed:

Is it me or is Facebook have problems with SeaMonkey v1.1.6's Web
browser? It seems to get slow, especially when expanding and
typing in comments. Like right now, I can see seamonkey.exe RAM
usage is over 400 MB!

Thank you in advance. :)
Ironic, this came up: "Please Read This!
You need to upgrade your browser.

You're using an older version of Firefox to browse Facebook right
now. Facebook will work better for you if you upgrade to newest
version of Firefox.

Upgrade your version of Firefox>>"

Um, I am not using Firefox. :P
I have Prefbar installed and added a Firefox 3.0.3 User Agent.
Facebook doesn't like SM 1.1.16 and doesn't like FF 3.0.3.
Spoofing FF 2.0.0.2, I can see all my notifications and online
friends list.

The folks at Facebook definitely need to learn how to build a
browser neutral page and stop sniffing!
Yeah, I sent a bug report to Facebook about SeaMonkey
misidentification. Let's see if they actually do something!
If you don't have the Prefbar installed, it's a nice addition to
SeaMonkey:

http://prefbar.mozdev.org/
I do use Prefbar. :)
So you can change the UA to fool Facebook while you wait to see what
they actually do.

Yeah, I could but that's annoying but doesn't fix the performance issue. :)

I doubt they will fix your performance issue, but it's a good idea to point them to their fault concerning Seamonkey, all sites should target the Gecko Version (if they can't avoid browser spoofing at all).

Concerning AJAX performance (which I guess is the problem here) SM2.0 will offer greatly improved performance.
regards

Martin