Roger Fink schrieb:
Frank Booth Snr wrote:
On 18 May, 00:15, robert.ga...@att.net wrote:
Frank Booth Snr wrote:
Recently I have found I can no longer use SeaMonkey with Google
Maps. The map won't open up properly, and all links or any mouse
dragging do not work either
I've never had a problem previously, and the page seems to be ok
when used with IE browser. I've fkushed the cache and removed
cookies but to no avail. Any ideas please?
It works for me with SeaMonkey 1.1.16 so you might want to update
your version.

If you ware using dial-up as I am, it takes a LONG time for the maps
to load. Until loading is finished, dragging is not possible and the
pointer is an arrow not a hand.
I also use dialup so Iknow ir takes a while. I've tried other maps
(not Google ones) and it's the same problem. The maps start to load or
even look fully loaded then the loading stops. I've also noticed that
with Seamonkey if I try to post on usenet the verification character
box does not appear either, so cannot post on this browser any longer.
Something is blocking a few sites, though nearly all sites work  fine.
I've trawled through Edit/Otrefs but cannot find anything ubusual.

FWIW Google Maps is "broken" in my version of SeaMonkey as well (1.1.9). SM
is still my default browser, but I downloaded Firefox 3.x for applications
that don't don't work in SM, and haven't had a problem. Hopefully SM v.2
will fix things. There definitely is a problem there, IMO.

Ys SM2.x will have a significantly newer Gecko-Engine (the one Firefox 3.5 will have afaik), although I have to say google maps works absolutely fine for me on S1.1.16

Martin