On 06/24/09 08:33, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I am getting a silly number of mail filters, and I'd love to be able to do a
> two-level filtering. For instance, on the inbox I could grab everything from
> infoworld and move to the infoworld folder, where another set of filters
> weould
> break it into subfolders. At least with 1.1.16 this didn't seem to work.
>
> Is there another way to do this? The current filters are complex to maintain,
> and do take more processor time than is really needed.

I'm pretty sure that the filters only run automatically on messages
deposited into the main Inbox. If you run to run filters on another
folder, you have to run them manually.

However, the filters should be able to make all the decisions necessary
to get the message to the target folder, although I suspect this is
the core of your problem: in that you want to reduce the number of
filters needed to accomplish this.

By the way, I use IMAP for my e-mail storage, and use a program called
procmail to filter incoming messages into the appropriate mail boxes.
Although you didn't say, I suspect you're running your e-mail client
on Windows, and so I don't know if this would work for you.

Best Regards,