After uninstalling SeaMonkey 1.1.16 and installing 1.1.17, I
typically have to reinstall a few of the plugins.  One of
them, Mnenhy, after uninstalling and making sure that there is
no .jar file in my chrome profile preventing it from
reinstalling, still will give me an error, with a popup dialog
box like this:

Mnenhy - MailNews-Enhancements
==============================

[!] Installation of 'Mnenhy - MailNews-Enhancements' (v0.7.6)
failed!
    (No write permission to the chrome directory?)
     Error number:-239

                             [OK]

There is nothing preventing writing to the crome directory
that I know of.  So, what else could be causing this to
happen?

--
    _T o m_
    guestpest /at/ yahoo /dot/ com