Arne schrieb:
Frank Van Eynde wrote:
When I look at my address book it is sorted in alphabetical order but
when I attempt to access it to compose or forward a message the sort
is in a completely different order. What is the problem and how can I
resolve this problem.

Thanks for any help.

What do you mean by "completely different order"?

My address book is in alphabetical order (A - Z) also when I compose.
Clicking on the "Address" header reverse the order to Z - A, but no
other "order" is possible.

SeaMonkey 1.1.17 on Win Vista.

Yes that window is always the same. You have start typing an address into the compose window which has the letter of several possibly matching addressbook-entries. SM will suggest several adresses/contacts then. The order there is NOT alphabetical or anything like that.