Jay Garcia wrote:
On 19.07.2009 15:59, Smiles wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

Beryl wrote:
Smiles wrote:
Good day

In this profile I have only newsgroups 5

one of them is for secnews.netscape.com it works fine

I have added three new news accounts requiring a secure login
when I use these accounts I did not get a login box nor do I see any place to enter a password

Any ideas?
thanks

"Secure" doesn't necessarily mean that name or password are needed. The secnews server doesn't require them.

You'll be prompted to enter name and password for "authentication" if a server asks for them.
OK but I need authentication for two for sure but I am not prompted
thanks Beryl

In you account settings for the servers requiring authentication:

Server Settings => Check the box "Always request authentication ........"

yes it is checked and I get a refused connection error and no user name password requested