horst39 schrieb:
> I wanted to transfer my profile from Windows XP to a new Vista laptop.
> I followed exactly all instruction of
> http://www-archive.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/profile.html but at the end
> when I opened again SM 1.1.17 only the browser worked well.
> All mail and news accounts where empty.
> I filled the settings of one account and after switching SM on again,
> all mail of this account appeared regularly.
> Now I have over 30 mail and news accounts and don't really like to fill
> again all accounts settings.
> Does somebody have a suggestion on how to solve this problem?
> Thank you
> Horst

If you don't want to re-create all accounts and copy their files back
into the newly created profile directories, you have two choices in my eyes:
1) create the required number of profiles and replace the whole content
of each *.slt directory wih the data of one old account.
2) an app like MozBackup might be handy: http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

btw. there are newer documents about the profile ;-)
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring

regards
Martin