Robert Kaiser wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I have both Mozilla 1.7.12 and SeaMonkey 1.1.17 on my WinXP Pro system.

Under Mozilla 1.7.12, when starting from profile manager, checking "Work
offline" forces offline.

It is ignored in SeaMonkey 1.1.17 .

I'm not comfortable loading SM2.0 as it is explicitly BETA.

Please only file this as a new bug if you're seeing it when testing 2.0 beta versions, we don't do any development on 1.1.x any more, only security fixes.

Robert Kaiser

What is the SM 2.0 specification on this issue?

This is a critical issue for me. I do *NOT* use Firefox for essentially this reason. It's actually worse in Firefox 3.0.6 which does not offer "offline" in any way.