On 08/12/2009 09:32 AM, Martin Feitag wrote:
> NoOp schrieb:
>> On 08/11/2009 04:30 PM, chicagofan wrote:
>>> Is there any chance SM will ever have a message filter in the future,
>>> that will block crossposting, as we could with the old Netscape programs?
>>> Or is there an add on that will do that, like Fix News did for Netscape?
>>>
>>> Some newsgroups are just impossible to keep up with, because of spammers
>>> cross posting, and constantly changing their addresses.  Of course it's
>>> always worse in the summer, when all the kiddies have too much time on
>>> their hands.  :)
>>> bj
>>
>> 2.0 provides filtering by headers, so it's relatively easy to filter any
>> crossposted post. Just filter on:
>>
>> Newsgroup
>>   contains
>>      ,
>
> Have you tested that successfully?
> I tried to add a tag for a test and nothing happened at all :-S
> regards
>
> Martin

WFM:

Applied filter "Crossposts" to message from Pensandpad
<pensandpad@<snipped>> - I just saw an ad for a talking tire pressure
gauge ... at 08/12/2009 11:36:04 AM marked as read

Applied filter "Crossposts" to message from Pensandpad
<pensandpad@<snipped>> - I just saw an ad for a talking tire pressure
gauge ... at 08/12/2009 11:36:04 AM flagged

Applied filter "Complaints-To: groups-ab...@google.com" to message from
Pensandpad <pensandpad@<snipped>> - I just saw an ad for a talking tire
pressure gauge ... at 08/12/2009 11:36:04 AM deleted

The last filter deleted the entire post, so I'll need to turn that
filter off so I can test again on the next round of cross posts.

Basically, for the test I have it set to "Mark As Read" & Mark As
Flagged" so that I can see when the filter is taking place.