NoOp wrote:
On 08/12/2009 09:32 AM, Martin Feitag wrote:
NoOp schrieb:
On 08/11/2009 04:30 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Is there any chance SM will ever have a message filter in the future,
that will block crossposting, as we could with the old Netscape programs?
Or is there an add on that will do that, like Fix News did for Netscape?

Some newsgroups are just impossible to keep up with, because of spammers
cross posting, and constantly changing their addresses.  Of course it's
always worse in the summer, when all the kiddies have too much time on
their hands.  :)
bj
2.0 provides filtering by headers, so it's relatively easy to filter any
crossposted post. Just filter on:

Newsgroup
  contains
     ,
Have you tested that successfully?
I tried to add a tag for a test and nothing happened at all :-S
regards

Martin

WFM:

Applied filter "Crossposts" to message from Pensandpad
<pensandpad@<snipped>> - I just saw an ad for a talking tire pressure
gauge ... at 08/12/2009 11:36:04 AM marked as read

Applied filter "Crossposts" to message from Pensandpad
<pensandpad@<snipped>> - I just saw an ad for a talking tire pressure
gauge ... at 08/12/2009 11:36:04 AM flagged

Applied filter "Complaints-To: groups-ab...@google.com" to message from
Pensandpad <pensandpad@<snipped>> - I just saw an ad for a talking tire
pressure gauge ... at 08/12/2009 11:36:04 AM deleted

The last filter deleted the entire post, so I'll need to turn that
filter off so I can test again on the next round of cross posts.

Basically, for the test I have it set to "Mark As Read" & Mark As
Flagged" so that I can see when the filter is taking place.

What SM version are you using?  I want that ability!!!  :)
bj