I just wrote:

stan wrote:

As I remember it, in the past I could vary the widths of the columns in the window that shows E-mails received and news group items. I notice now that I can switch the order of columns by dragging a column, but can I still vary column widths? If so, how?

Mouse over the boundary line between the two column titles, until the cursor becomes a two-headed arrow. Then click and drag.

To automatically size a column to fit its title, do the same thing, but instead of clicking and dragging, double-click.

My mistake. The second paragraph is withdrawn, it doesn't work like that in SeaMonkey.

Paul B. Gallagher