I have successfully installed and run SM2.0b1 in the default location at

C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey

I have unsucessfully tried to move the data to a new location and modified profiles.ini to point to the new location using the procedures outlined in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder under the heading of "Modify profile.ini to point to the new location - Advanced"

Here is what I did:

After copying the profile to the new location and deleting the profile in the default location, I modified profiles.ini in the default location to point to the new location as follows:

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=0

[Profile0]
Name=Guest
IsRelative=0
Path=F:\Mozilla\Profiles/jhcmwl6f.Guest

When I restart SM2, it does not open the new location. Instead, it generates a new profile.ini file in the default location with the following:

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=0

[Profile0]
Name=default