Jens Hatlak wrote:

On 8/22/2009 6:28 PM Henry wrote:

I am running Mozilla ver. 1.8.1.11

No such Mozilla version has ever been made public (the last one was 1.7.13). Looking at your User-Agent string I guess you mean Firefox 2.0.0.11.

and want to upgrade to SeaMonkey 1.1.17. I'm confused about whether I have to un-install Mozilla first or if I can install SeaMonkey and will be OK if I don't open both programs at the same time. I'd like to be sure SeaMonkey has picked up my profile before I un-install Mozilla.

You can run Firefox and SeaMonkey in parallel without any problem. You can install/uninstall either one without affecting the other. SeaMonkey won't pick up the Firefox profile, though. Instead you have to transfer it manually:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_SeaMonkey>

In case you are really talking about Mozilla (a.k.a. as the Mozilla Application Suite): SeaMonkey will pick up and continue to use the Mozilla profiles you have. As long as you install SeaMonkey into a different location than Mozilla and stop using Mozilla after first having used one of its profiles with SeaMonkey the change should be smooth. You can then uninstall Mozilla at any time, the profiles won't be touched by that.

HTH

Jens

There was a Mozilla ver. 1.8.1.11 and I'm running it using User Agent Switcher to make it look like I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.11.

So I guess the last part of your answer applies. Are you saying that if I install SeaMonkey and use the Mozilla profile even one time that I can't use Mozilla again without screwing up the works?

The purpose of my query was that I want to make sure SeaMonkey works before I un-install Mozilla. If it doesn't work right what should I do un_install it and try again?

Henry

Sorry to be so dumb, but I don't want to loose my profile.

Henry