On 9/2/2009 1:06 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/02/2009 08:37 AM, JD wrote:
>> I've got notes on how to Enable Favicons In Bookmarks but I don't know
>> how to Disable them.
>>
>> about:config
>>
>> The first one is set to 2, do I need to change this one for the favicons
>> in bookmarks?
>>
>> browser.chrome.load_toolbar_icons
>>

>> These next two were set to True but I double clicked on them and changed
>> them to False:
>>
>> browser.chrome.favicons
>>
>> browser.chrome.site_icons
>>

> This might help:
> http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/browserfaq/Favicons

Two sources -- <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries> and
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Preferences> -- indicate that
browser.chrome.favicons and browser.chrome.site_icons must both be set
"True" or both be set "False" without explaining the difference between
the two variables.

However, <http://preferential.mozdev.org/preferences.html> indicates
that browser.chrome.favicons controls whether the icon will appear in
the location bar (address area) and browser.chrome.site_icons controls
whether the icon will appear in the Bookmarks Manager.  I have not
tested to see if this distinction is true.

In any case, browser.chrome.load_toolbar_icons is set to determine
whether icons are displayed only from the cache, fetched from the Web
server if not in the cache, or not displayed at all (overriding the
other two preference variables).

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>