On 9/6/2009 11:41 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

Has anyone noticed sometimes SeaMonkey v1.x sometimes doesn't register ctrl-mouse left button click to load a Web page in a new tab? A bit annoying that I notice once in a while at home and work. I know right click and open in a new tab always work. :(

This could happen if there's a 'click' script handler attached to the link which returns false. The script always gets executed and the Ctrl+click doesn't take effect, but right-click and "Open Link in New Tab" works (as you've noticed) where no script gets executed.

I hope v2.x fixed this.

I don't think SeaMonkey 2.0 (nor Firefox 3.*) changes this. I think I remember there was rationale behind this behavior which one could find in the Mozilla Bugzilla database.

Interesting and thanks. :)
"The antics begin!" --SimAnt Game