Mark Hansen wrote:
On 09/10/09 15:19, Lance Courtland wrote:
Is it possible to have a filter for outgoing email messages? I have subfolders that I put all emails about a particular subject in, both incoming and outgoing. Now I have to manually move sent email to the correct folder.

Lance

Lance,

  I keep the send e-mail messages in the sent folder so I have a way
to look and see what was sent as a whole, especially by date, etc.

  So that the e-mail can also be filed in an appropriate mailbox, I
just Bcc all my sent messages to myself. Then, because the Bcc'd message
is now an incoming message, you can create mail filters to filter the
messages into appropriate mailboxes.

  Of course, anything I don't need to keep I just delete - no biggie :-)

  This may not work for you, so YMMV.

Best Regards,

Good idea. I'm going to try 'Place replies in the folder of the message being replied to', even though I'm not quite sure what that means.

Thanks.