On 9/12/2009 12:17 PM, Jim wrote:
> Don't know if anyone has discussed this before.
>
> With the increased reliance on web ads for revenue, sites are cramming
> more and more ads on their web sites.  Most of the news sites I go to
> have their ads hosted by webservers other than their own.  Sometimes,
> some of these sites are slow -- or don't serve up the ads at all (even
> our beloved doubleclick sometimes) resulting in the final news page
> taking for ever to load.
>
> There was one local news site requiring a completed reload of every ad
> for each slide in a slideshow.  Even had a Shockwave video loading each
> time (and that was of the lower portion of these screen).  Now who is
> going to scroll down off a slide in the slide show to watch a video?
>
> Sheesh -- what are they thinking?
>
> Where's the beef?
> Here it is!!!

Try using the Adblock Plus extension.  If you are still on SeaMonkey
1.1.x, be sure to get the 1.0.1 version; later versions are for Firefox
3.x and SeaMonkey 2.

I have a copy if you want me to send it to you.  1.0.1 is NOT available
from the Adblock Plus site, so I'm not sure where else to get it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>