Hi,

After upgrading to SM2.0 beta from SM1.1, most things worked straight away. I was able to send/receive email, I was able to read messages from Microsoft and Mozilla newsgroups. I was able to post messages to the Microsoft news server, BUT I was unable to post a message to the news.mozilla.org server. It said posting the message failed and to check mail and newsgroup settings. Everything in the account settings looked correct (settings had been copied from SM1.1).

I tested using telnet and it worked straight away.

I then deleted the news.mozilla.org account and re-created it with the same settings as before, and now it works.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)