mozdev wrote:

Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:21:06 +0300, /mozdev/:

I can do this in Opera and even IE, but in sea monkey I can't even close
tabs without right-click.

It's a good suite and all, I used to hate it but I like it now

Edit -> Preferences: Browser / Tabbed Browsing:

[ ] Switch to new tabs opened from links

_Open tabs instead of windows for_
[x] Middle-click, Ctrl+click or Ctrl+Enter on links in a Web page
[x] Ctrl+Enter in the Location bar

Thanks Stanimir.

It's still opening things in the foreground.

This is not what I want and the reason why in many respects I prefer IE but will bear with this a bit longer due to the mail client + web page editor.

I can only wonder were a poll to be done what people would say about this, obviously IE has more users however less discerning than Mozilla products but why the divergence when even Opera does it behind by default.

Crazy I think.

FWIW -- you're entitled to your taste, of course -- one of the things that annoys me about IE is that it opens tabs underneath /by default/ and there doesn't seem to be any way to defeat the "feature." If I want the new page to be in focus, I have to open it in a new page. On the other hand, if I click a link and try to go do something while it loads, IE will often steal focus and take me away from what I'm doing to make sure I watch it load. I wouldn't mind if it would just flash the title in the taskbar when it's done loading (and not before as it does now), but this business of stealing focus before the page is functional is a major annoyance.

Paul B. Gallagher